(PREFERABLY WITH A STRONG LEFT HOOK WHO LIVE IN ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI) THE POWERS THAT BE AT DABBLE HEADQUARTERS ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE WILL SOON BE LAUNCHING DABBLE IN THE GATEWAY CITY THIS SUMMER AS A RESULT OF APPLYING FOR & SECURING 1 OF 20 COVETED ARCH GRANTS. THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN. WE ARE SEEKING THREE INDIVIDUALS WITH ABOVE AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE & THE ABILITY TO GET OUT AND PREACH THE GOOD GOSPEL THAT IS DABBLE AS OUR FIRST COMMUNITY CLASS SCOUTS. _______________________
Dabble provides an easy way to try something new. We’re currently active in Chicago and Denver and are poised to launch in St. Louis in July 2014 and are working to put together a group of technology savvy small business mavens who fancy themselves branding and marketing experts to make this project a raging success.
What we’re looking for:
// Intelligent, fun-to-be-around, hard-working students or recent grads – Marketing, Design, Business, PR or Communications background preferred.
// Someone who is passionate and who likes to “dabble” in different creative, outdoor, business and / or adventurous activities.
// A person who loves working in teams, communicating ideas, and making a difference!
// A individual with a working knowledge of the latest social media outlets, including: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, WordPress, etc.
// Organized, professional, energetic, and reliable individuals able to commit 10-15 hours per week.
// Copywriting experience a plus, can-do attitude a must!
- Recruiting teachers who are already teaching in the community to post classes on Dabble.co.
- Working with small businesses (pottery studies, restaurants, welders, etc.) to create classes to post on Dabble.co.
- Continuing to build our presence in social media and helping us improve upon our current strategy.
- Research, Formalize, and Implement marketing strategies to help us gain more recognition and word-of-mouth referrals that will improve traffic to our site.
- Work with PR team to develop parallel message and implementation.
What you’ll get:
- Valuable working knowledge, training and experience with a start-up company & recent Arch Grant recipient.
- Significant independence and responsibility for projects.
- Experience in creating the direction and exposure of a rapidly expanding enterprise – quickly gauge the impact that your work has on the success.
- Development of key references / connections within our wide range of contacts within the startup, creative & business community in St. Louis and beyond.
- Flexible hours to plan around your academic, other work, and social schedules.
- Opportunity to work “virtually” with mentoring sessions to discuss goals, ideas, accomplishments & progress.
This is a 3-6 month PAID internship, with the option to gain class credit and future part-time / full-time employment. Compensation will include a monthly stipend, commission as a percentage of each class that you help secure, and lots of high fives.
If you’d like to learn more about this opportunity or, please reply to my email address below with the following (3) items:
1. a resume highlighting your skills
2. two personal references
3. complete the following two sentences: “I currently dabble in …” and I’d like to Dabble in” with 3 topics / one sentence description (see example below)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Example Dabble Question Responses:
I currently dabble in … watercolor, hiking & wine making.
I took a watercolor class in Old Town last year – loved it, now paint most of my friend’s birthday cards. I hiked 150 miles of the Appalachian Trail last summer without a blister, this summer it’s happening in the Boundary Waters / Colorado Rockies. I’ve made a few batches of wine with my friend from a Kit, next step is to actually grow the grapes!
I’d like to dabble in … woodworking, bike maintenance & welding.
I used to know how to use the tools, but would love to start-up a furniture project. I love riding my bike, but I’m clueless on how to keep it running smoothly. I’ve always been fascinated with the prospect of fusing two pieces of metal together – the possibilities are endless and it would be fun, way fun.